Student youth representation of psychological well-being: results of content analysis of works
The purpose of the article is to identify certain semantic features of lexical units. According to the respondents, they could be equivalent to the concepts of “psychological well-being” and “psychologically wealthy person”. The following methods were used in the study: theoretical analysis of research on the problem of psychological well-being of the personality; method of content analysis of self-reports. The research was conducted using conversation and content analysis of self-reports. Results. The components of a person’s psychological well-being are determined. As a result of the conversation and the results of writing the work, it was found that the most used equivalents are: “vitality”, which was chosen by 71.14% of respondents, “life satisfaction” (67,07%), “happiness” (66,12%), “trust” and “freedom” were chosen by 64,00%, “value of life” (62,15%), “self-sufficiency” (61,00%), “time” and “self-comprehension” (60,7%), “spirituality” (60.2%), “satisfactory mental and physical condition of a person” (59.13%), “comprehension of the world” and “material well-being” (58,8%), “social stability” (58,1%), “justice” (57,9%), “meaningfulness of a life” and “courage” (56,40%), “will”, “self-efficacy” and “vitality” (56,20%), “optimism”, “emotional stability” and “positive attitude to the surrounding reality” (56,00%), etc. Data of the conversations show that the concepts of psychological well-being are ambiguous, as it has been indicated by the large number of equivalent categories. Conclusions. As a result of the conversation and writing the work, it has been found that the most used equivalent are vitality, life satisfaction, happiness, trust, freedom, value of life, self-sufficiency, time, self-understanding, spirituality. The results made it possible to identify personality traits that are hypothetically related to the psychological well-being of the personality. Quantitative distribution of units of analysis showed the selection of traits that are characteristic of a psychologically wealthy person, such as: life satisfaction, trust, value of life, courage, hardiness, independence, meaningfulness of life and optimism.
2. Bradburn N. The structure of psychological well-being, 1969, 320 p.
3. Diener E., Biswas-Diener R. Will money increase subjective well-being? A literature review and guide to needed research. Social Indicators Research. 2002. Vol. 57, pp. 119-169.
4. Diener E. Subjective well-being is essential to wellbeing. E. Diener, J. Sapyta, E. Suh. Psychological Inquiry. 1998. Vol. 9 (1), pp. 94-99.
5. Франкл В. Воля к смыслу. М.: Апрель Пресс; ЭКСМО-Пресс, 2000, 297 с.
6. Иванов В.Ф. Контент-анализ как формализованный метод исследования документов. Философская и социологическая мысль, 1994, 3. С. 223-230.
7. Психология личности. Дж. Капрара, Д. Сервон. СПб.: Питер, 2003. 640 с.
8. Энциклопедический словарь в 6 т. / ред.-сост. Л.А. Карпенко; под общ. ред. А.В. Петровского. М., 2005.
9. Мангейм Дж. Б., Рич Р.К. Политология. Методы исследования: Пер. с англ. М.: Весь мир, 1997, 544 с.
10. Социологический словарь. Отв. ред.: Г. В. Осипов, Л. Н. Москвичев.: М.: Норма. 2008, 608 с.
11. White L.G., Clark R.P. Political Analysis. Technique and Practice. L.G. White, R.P. Clark. Monterey, California: Brooks. Cole Publishing Company. 1983. 286 р.
12. Зилова Е. В. Исследование концепта “благополучие” / “prosperity”в русской,британскойиамериканскойлингвокультурах (на материале ассоциативного эксперимента). Сопоставительные исследования 2010. Воронеж: Изд-во “Истоки”, 2010. С. 106-112.
Authors who publish with scientific journal agree to the following terms:
• All scientific papers may be freely copied and distributed on any medium and in any format, provided that the references to the initial data of the scientific work are indicated.
• Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed Creative Commons Attribution License .
• Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non- exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (institutional repository, your website, monograph), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.