Requirements for articles
Scientific journal «Insight: the psychological dimensions of society»
The Scientific Journal is a peer-reviewed professional publication that presents scientific articles that cover the psychological dimensions of society and outline new facets of psychological science at the beginning of the new millennium.
The publication accepts articles of problematic, empirical, experimental nature in Ukrainian or English, which have not been published before.
Manuscript submission term: during the year. The article may be accepted for publication in the current or subsequent issue of the scientific journal. The term of the article's passage from the moment of its acceptance and approval by the editorial board is about 0,3 – 1,0 of the year.
Single, two and three co-authors are accepted for consideration. More co-authors are possible, provided that the content of the manuscript is the result of joint scientific research carried out within grants and scientific projects on budgetary subjects. This must be noted in the article and confirmed by the relevant document.
Manuscripts of articles submitted for publication must have:
- The license agreement between the author (-s) of the article and the editorial board of the scientific journal (link). The authors retain all copyright and at the same time grant the journal the right of first publication.
- Declaration and form of copyright transfer (link).
- Author (-s) information file – surname, first name, patronymic; affiliation, job title; academic rank, scientific degree; contact information (telephone, e-mail address); ORCID code; Researcher ID; Scopus Author ID (if available). Authors' information is required in two languages – Ukrainian and English (according to form).
- Article file size: 25,000 – 27,000 characters with spaces (font 12).
The English-language article must be accompanied by a Ukrainian translation.
The structure of the article and the requirements for the design of the text of the manuscript
- A4 format. Margins on all sides – 20 mm; font – 12; line spacing is 1.0.
- Title of the article – left-aligned (font – TNR 12, bold, spacing after –12 pt). Annotation (one paragraph, without indentation, 200 to 300 words in length) – with the width alignment, structured (according to the logic of the description of the material in the article), contains the following elements: Purpose, Methods, Results and Conclusions. The annotation should not repeat the text of the article itself, as well as its title, references and abbreviations. TNR font 10 pt. In English-language articles, the abstract is presented in the language of the material. English articles are added to the Ukrainian articles.
- Keywords (4-6 separate words and/or multiple phrases) – with a width alignment, none of which duplicates the name of the article (TNR 10 font, 12 pt interval).
- Introduction is an indispensable part of the work in which the author indicates the novelty of the topic and the relevance of scientific decisions. Purpose of the research should be clearly stated along with the research tasks. Theoretical analysis should not be limited by references to authors who have studied the problem. It should contain a concise summary of the data they received, with the identification of directions, trends, approaches to understanding the problem. Enumeration of scientists’ names is not allowed.
- It is necessary to cite sources in English and/or German and/or French, while limiting references to sources in other languages (up to 30%).
- It is necessary to outline the Methodology of the study, the logic of presentation of the studied material.
- The article must contain substantiated Results and Discussion. The description of the empirical results should include specific data that confirm the statistical reliability of the results. The results can be presented in the form of tables, graphs, and diagrams with further interpretation. The results should be presented accurately and should not contain discussion material. Quantity units and formulas must be expressed in accordance with the International System (units СІ). All measurements must be given in metric units. Numbers must be submitted in original source files. The manuscript should not contain scanned tables and figures. Highlight new and important aspects of the study.
- The article should contain study Conclusions. They should provide detailed conclusions on the results of the study. Your conclusion is your chance to conclude on this topic. The conclusion gives you the opportunity to demonstrate the importance of your ideas and to direct the view of the reader (reviewer) to a new one on the subject. It is also an opportunity to make a good final impression and end on a positive note.
- Preferably, articles that have an empirical part are accepted. Purely theoretical works will be published in limited numbers and if they have significant scientific relevance.
- The Editorial Board of the Scientific Journal checks articles for plagiarism with a certified «Unicheck»
- Editorials provide anonymous peer review. «Double-blind review» type is used.
- Author's notes are issued at the end of pages using the * symbol as a footnote. If the note is after a table or figure, it is indicated Note (TNR 9 pt, single spacing, italics).
- Article file size 25,000 – 27,000 characters with spaces (font 12) (main text with the list of sources used, references and two annotations).
- References – APA-style (title – TNR 12 пт.).
- The bibliographic description of the list of used sources is made taking into account the National Standard of Ukraine DSTU 8302: 2015 developed in 2015 «Information and documentation. Bibliographic link. General Terms and Conditions of Assembly».
- The order of bibliographic descriptions is given in the order presented in References (without numbering).
- References in the article in Ukrainian are made in accordance with the standard (APA StyleReferenceCitations). Author (transliteration), title of the article (transliteration), title of the article (in English, in square brackets), in periodicals – title of the edition (transliteration) and after the dashes put the title of the edition in English, the name of the source (transliteration), after the dash put the name of the source in English, source data (city in English), publishing (transliteration). Example:
Doktorovych M.O. (2010). Nepovna simia: Osoblyvosti roboty sotsialnoho pedahoha [An Incomplete Family: Features of a Social Pedagogue].Kyiv: Shkilnyi Svit [in Ukrainian].
Dymnova T.I. (1998). Zavisimost kharakteristik supruzheskoy semi ot roditelskoy [The dependence of the characteristics of the marital family on the parent]. Voprosy psikhologii – Psychology issues, 2, 46-56 [in Russian].
Rules for referencing
References to the sources used are given in text only in parentheses according to the example:
Mental states of expectations influence the course of mental processes. Partially repetitive, they become resilient and transform into personality traits (Popovych, 2017). Mental states are aligned with the needs and aspirations of a person with capabilities and resources, ensuring its development in specific environmental conditions. (Prokhorov et al., 2015).
If the source page is indicated, it is given through a colon, for example (Petrenko, 2002: 25).
An example of a block quote (TNR 10pt., Line spacing is 1.5) is submitted similarly in Ukrainian and English manuscript texts:
«The Psychological Dictionary» (2004: 21) provides the following definition of assertiveness:
«Assertiveness is the ability of a person to assert the rights confidently and with dignity without violating the rights of others. Assertive is a direct, open behavior that is not intended to harm other people».
Requirements for References and the List of sources used
- quantity – 10-15 sources, designed according to the AРA standard in References and DSTU 7.1: 2006 in the List of used sources;
- most sources should reflect the current state of research and be 4-5 years old;
- no more than 20% of self-references are allowed for each of the co-authors;
- all sources must have a DOI, a digital object identifier (except for retro editions) which is given by a space after the bibliographic description of the source. DOI editions can be found at http://www.crossref.org;
- in accordance with the requirements of the influential journals indexed by SCOPUS and Web of Science, References must provide a full list of contributors to each source of the link (as opposed to the domestic DSTU);
- according to the recommendations of the international citation databases, in the bibliography there should be the nucleus of sources that have an impact on the development of a particular branch of science (the nucleus is a small part of the general list);
- the order and number of sources should be the same and remain unchanged in References, consisting of descriptions of the original English-language and/or Latin transliterated sources, and in the List of sources used (Cyrillic);
- bibliographic description according to APA style is available on the website of the automatic link generation: Citation Machine (http://www.citationmachine.net/apa/cite-a-book); http://www.bibme.org/apa/book-citation/manual or another one;
- transliteration of names in Ukrainian is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine Decree «On ordering the transliteration of the Ukrainian alphabet in Latin» of January 27, 2010 No. 55. Establishes the current rules of transliteration of the surnames and names of the citizens of Ukraine in Latin in foreign passports;
- for Russian language: it is necessary to transliterate in accordance with the requirements of the Order of the FMS of Russia dated 26.02.2010 № 26, in accordance with State Standard (GOST) 7.79-2000. A system of standards for information, library and publishing. Rules of transliteration of the Cyrillic alphabet in the Latin alphabet;
- for transliteration from Ukrainian you can use the service http://ukrlit.org/transliteratsiia and from Russian – http://ru.translit.net/?account=mvd;
- if the national journal has a parallel English version, use the translated article title and the corresponding journal title;
- if the national journal is translated into English, use English variants of the journal name and article. Specify the range of pages of the translated version of the journal.
Example of APA-style References (for English articles):
Blynova, O., KruglovK., Semenov, O., Los, O. &Popovych, I. (2020). Psychological Safety of the Learning Environment in Sports School as a Factor of Achievement Motivation Development in Young Athletes. Journal of Physical Education and Sport, 20(1), 14-23. DOI: 10.7752/jpes.2020.01002
Halian, І. М. (2019). Personal determinants of responsibility of future educators. Insight: the psychological dimensions of society, 1, 15-21. DOI: 10.32999/2663-970X/2019-1-2
Harley, T. A. (2008). The Psychology of Language: From Data to Theory. New York: Psychology Press.
Khmil, V. V. & Popovych, I. S. (2019). Philosophical and Psychological Dimensions of Social Expectations of Personality. Anthropological Measurements of Philosophical Research, 16, 55-65. DOI: 10.15802/ampr.v0i16.187540
Popovych, I. S. (2014). Social expectations in primary school age. In: Proceedings of the 2nd International Academic Congress of the Fundamental Studies in America, Europe, Asia and Africa(pp. 176-180). New York: Columbia Press.
Prokhorov, A. O., Chernov, A. V. & Yusupov, M. G. (2015a). Cognitive states in educational activity of students: Structural-functional aspect. Asian Social Science, 11(1), 213-218. DOI: 10.5539/ass.v11n1p213.
Prokhorov, A. O., Yusupov, M. G. & Plokhikh, V. V. (2015b). Cognitive States in the Process of Students’ Intellectual Activity. The New Educational Review, 41(3), 263-274. DOI:10.15804/tner.2015.41.3.21.
- it is inadmissible to submit materials non-compliance with the rules established by the editorial board, in violation of any requirements for publications;
- it is not recommended to submit texts obtained with automatic translation programs;
- you should not present unprepared, unprocessed by authors, materials;
- the materials provided by the editorial staff for correction should not be delayed (the editorial board sets a deadline);
- the accuracy of facts, statistics and other information is the responsibility of the author;
- reprint (reissue) of the materials of the edition is allowed only with the permission of the author and the editor;
- rejected articles are not reviewed, no reviews are provided to authors. The editorial board does not engage in dialogue with the authors;
- the editorial board reserves the right to review, edit, reduce and reject articles.
Thank you for your cooperation and contribution to science!